Commercial Real Estate Transactions
We assist clients in all aspects of commercial and residential real estate transactions including purchases, sales, leasing and financing. We represent entities of all sizes and types including corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and REITs. This work includes multi-site, multi-state real estate acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and financing for retail, restaurants, malls, hotels, big boxes, shopping centers, warehouse, office and industrial projects.
This practice includes:
- Preparation, review and negotiation of real estate contracts, acquisition and disposition documents.
- Preparation, review and negotiation of commercial leases.
- Review, analysis and solving title and survey issues and obtaining insurance coverage for residential, restaurant, gasoline and convenience store, golf course, ski resort, hotel, condominium, and shopping center properties.
- Review environmental reports, zoning and flood zones.
- Finalization of title commitments, proforma title policies and endorsements as appropriate and available in specific jurisdictions.
- Coordination with title agents and escrow agents in the preparation of closing statements, recordation of documents, finalizing title policies, and transmittal of closing binders to client in multi-state and multi-site transactions.
- Knowledgeable of title insurance coverages available in various jurisdictions
- Drafting, review and negotiation of financing documentation
In 2012 the law firm closed over seventy commercial purchase, sale, and financing transactions totaling over $175,000,000.